We have just released a hot fix of Documentation Insight which fixed a hyperlink issue in Help & Manual documentation generation. Please visit the Downloads page to get the download.
Updated: DevJet Software Donation Program
It is said that every programmer would like to read documentation but they don’t like writing documentation themselves 🙂
Many open source projects lack of documentation. Personally I have used several open source projects but it often happens that I can’t understand the exact usage of an API (such as a class/method/property) so that I have to stop to go through the entire framework to guess it. It is not doubtful that a well documented project will make users much easier to understand and use the project.
As the leading code documentation solution in Delphi world, DevJet Software would like to do something that could make our community better. If you are the owner/major committer of a qualified open source project in Delphi, you may join our Donation program just like the following excellent projects:
|CodeSiteEx||An extension of CodeSite.|
|DelphiCodeToDoc||An open source documentation generator for Delphi, support basic javadoc tags.|
|DelphiCodeCoverageWizard||A simple wizard to setup and build scripts for DelphiCodeCoverage.|
|DelphiHtmlWriter||A Delphi-based class library that enables the developer to create HTML and HTML documents.|
|DWScript||Pascal scripting component|
|delphi-oop||Object oriented programming library for Delphi >= 2010|
|Delphi Spring Framework||Dependency Injection Framework and more.|
|DORM||A mordern ORM framework targets Delphi 2010+ platform.|
|DSharp||DataBindings for Delphi and more.|
|hcOPF||An Object Persistent Framework written in Embarcadero’s Delphi (Object Pascal)|
|OmniThreadLibrary||OmniThreadLibrary is a simple to use threading library for Delphi.|
|tiOPF||An open source Object Persistent Framework for Delphi and Free Pascal|
|TChromeTabs||Delphi implementation of Google Chrome’s tabs.|
|TurboPower Abbrevia||A compression toolkit for Embarcadero Delphi, C++ Builder, and Kylix, and FreePascal.|
|VCL Styles Utils||A collection of classes and style hooks, which extend and add new features to the VCL Styles (introduced in Delphi XE2).|
Please write to us at email@example.com with the subject Documentation Insight Donation Program and the following content:
Description: (One line short description)
License: Documentation Insight Enterprise
Role in the project:
You will get response within one week. We will create a free order and email you with a link when your project is regarded as qualified.
1. The applicator, which is a legal natural entity, owns the donated license. You can use the license in the open source projects as well as your own commercial projects. However, you can not use the license in your employer’s company.
2. You have no obligation to broadcast Documentation Insight or leave hyperlinks in the generated documentation, however we will say thanks to you if you are happy with our products and would love to do that.
This minor update includes several important bug fixes and enhancements:
+ Readded the Reload tool button (Shortcut: F5)
* adjust the min-height of section content in design mode
* Improve style of image (no-border, auto-scale)
* improve definition table (trim white spaces of term, support rich text in description)
* Improve the usability of Cut/Delete a Table/Note/Code Snippet
# AV error raised when clicking Hyperlink in some cases
# AV error raised in DocExplorer when selecting an entity removed in source file
# Interface not supported error raised in DocExplorer
# Unspecified error raised when pressing F5 in Design Mode
# Image won’t be saved when the src attribute contains spaces (encoded to %20)
# Missing documentation when inserting an image as a standalone paragraph
# Missing documentation when a section tag contains only one code reference without display name
# Missing Icon when inserting a code snippet
+ Support local image and other file types specified in the href/src attributes of <a>, <img> elements
+ Support html elements <a>, <img> for H&M
# No application icon in Taskbar
# failed when current work directory is not the same as the application
# The results form doesn’t hide even specified “silent” option
We are very pleased to announce that Documentation Insight now supports Help & Manual and RAD Studio XE3.
Help & Manual is a well-known help authoring software and we write general help manual by this stuff. Documentation Insight can extract documentation from your source code and generate H&M files so that you may merge it into your own H&M project. Then you can customize the template in H&M and publish them together to produce uniform help files and deliver to your customers. (H&M also supports various formatting e.g. Web page, CHM, PDF, RTF, E-Books.)
Just check Help & Manual in the Publish page:
The following sample demonstrates the generated H&M files for Spring4D:
Applying a H&M skin and publish to a CHM file like this:
Important Note: Once the H&M project file was generated, Documentation Insight only updates the project information (Title, Author, Copyright) while all API documentation topics in the H&M project will be overwritten without any confirmation. You should not edit the generated topics in H&M otherwise your changes will be lost.
This update also includes the following improvements and important bug fixes:
– Support Help & Manual (Tested in H&M 5/6)
– Support XE3
– Add “Show Private Members” in DocGen Options
– Install for all users
– Place holder for Bad Xml Documentation
– Add logs in the DocGen results
– Clicking an index entry in HTML results in two same pages on both sides
– Some broken code references
– Duplicated Implicit/Explicit class operators Signature
– Duplicated Signature (class constructor/destructor with normal)
– Error dialog shown when fatal parser error occurred
To download this version, please visit the Downloads page.
We love Delphi and most of us are trying to produce positive energy in Delphi community just like these guys in the Embarcadero MVP Program. We are very grateful for your effort and we have just made a decision:
All DevJet products are free to all Embarcadero MVPs – FOREVER All Embarcadero MVPs may request free access to DevJet Software products. If you are in the MVPs and you like our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At present, Documentation Insight Enterprise version is available for all MVPs. We will have several interesting products in later months and feel free to contact us when they are available if you are interested in them.
About the license: Each MVP can request one FREE license of Documentation Insight. You may use the license in your own commercial projects. However, you may not use the license in the company.
Updated: This announcement is also applicable for TeamB members. (http://www.teamb.com/byname)
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
This version V126.96.36.199 is a minor update including the following changes:
– Support variables in DocGen html templates
– Optimized Performance for Documentation Explorer
– Show Private Members in Documentation Explorer/Hyperlink window
– Show Syntax definition in Documentation Explorer
– Improve the DocGen result form
– Detecting IDE exists in the installer
– Automatic check updates
– Support Delphi 7 (Build 8.1)
– DocInsight.exe taskbar issue
– The Edit box in the html index page lost focus after loaded keywords
– Missing Generic characters (<>) in Html Indexes
We are so pleased to announce the first beta of Documentation Insight Enterprise version. This version includes all features in V2 Professional plus a tool set of Documentation Generator.
– Documentation Project wizard
– Generate Web page files which includes html files, table of contents and index page with a search box.
– Generate CHM file
– Generate Microsoft Help 2.0 file (Requires Microsoft Help 2.0 Compiler distributed with VS2003-2008)
– Documentation Generator Command line tool (DocInsight.exe)
– Register tool to integrate a Microsoft Help 2.0 file into RAD Studio Documentation (reghelp.exe)
# Fixed a parsing issue (type of identifier)
It is strongly recommended that you see the following Tutorial topic to know all these new stuff:
All prepaid customers will receive upgrade license in hours.
Special Discount in August (Before August 31th, 2012)
* Buy Documentation Insight Enterprise now you will save 20%
* If you have purchased Documentation Insight V2 Professional and would like to upgrade to Enterprise version, we also offer a special discount for you (20% off)
It should be noticed that this is still a beta version. If you have any problems, please write to us: email@example.com
* Delphi 7 will be supported soon (Highest priority)
* DocInsight.exe might not be shown when you run it and then click the taskbar icon twice.
* The topic web pages can’t be scroll in iPad+ Safari
* Generic types which contains more than one type parameters can’t be automatically linked in syntax definition
* Some Web browsers (Chrome) has restricts for local web pages which make index page and auto scroll feature useless
Documentation Insight Enterprise version helps you produce rich documentation files with only a few steps. Here we go:
1. Open an existing project or a project group in RAD Studio
2. Click the menu Documentation – Generate Documentation…
Tip: Documentation Insight will find the corresponding documentation project (.diproj file) in the same location of the current project (or group). A default project will be created if not found. You may also click the New Project to create a new empty documentation project or use Open Project to open an existing project.
5. We can customize the header and footer template in the third step. If we would like to generate documentation for code elements in the implementation section, just check the first option.
Note: The templates must be valid. You may use the following variables: <%TopicTitle%>, <%Title%>,<%Author%>,<%Summary%>,<%Comment%>,<%Copyright%>
6. Publish options
In the last step, we may choose the output types and their corresponding location. The locations are relative to current documentation project.
Note: To generate a Microsoft Help V2.x (Single HxS file) file, you require Microsoft Help 2 Compiler which is distributed with Visual Studio 2003-2008.
Finally, just click the Generate button, Documentation Generator will compile the source projects and produce various documentation files for you.
Tick, tick, tick… It Succeeded!
* Web pages
Online help: http://www.spring4d.org/help/
Microsoft Help 2 file
When you click the hyperlink of MSHelp2 file (Single .HxS file), the file will be automatically registered and Documentation Insight will use Microsoft Documentation Explorer (dexplore.exe) to browse the help file.
The help file will be automatically integrated into your local RAD Studio Documentation (2005-XE2).
Help & Manual
DevJET Documentation Generator is a standalone application which extracts XMLDoc comments from Delphi source files and produces professional help files, including web pages (html), CHM and Microsoft Help V2.0 files that could be integrated into RAD Studio Documentation (2005-XE2).
Here are some snapshots and online demos of the generated help files of the Spring4D project:
Web page (Online Demo: http://spring4d.org/help/)
CHM file (Online demo: http://www.devjetsoftware.com/downloads/spring4d_chm.zip)
Notes: For security reason, you need to unblock the downloaded chm file by right clicking the Properties of the file in Windows Explorer. See this snapshot:
MSHelp V2 file (Integrated with RAD Studio Documentation)
Good News: The first public Beta is scheduled on August 15th, 2012 and you may now preorder the product by saving 30%.
149 EUR (99 EUR, Single Developer License)
Coupon Code: DocGen-SHOT
Due Date: August 1st, 2012
We provide 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee. You can get full refund for the first 30 days if our products can’t meet your need. We use Share It! as our online order provider and we do not have access to your financial information.
P.S. We are going to support generating Help & Manual projects in later releases. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know.
This minor update fixed some issues where generated xml documentation might be placed inproperly.
To get the version, please go to Downloads page.